UPSC Indian Forest Service Recruitment 2023, UPSC IFS Application Start from 1 February 2023, UPSC IFS recruitment for forest department 2023 Total Post, Application Fee, And Application Date, application form link for IFS notification, eligibility to apply for IFS posts, online form for Indian forest service hiring 2023,
The Indian Forest Service (IFS) is a civil service under Group A of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. IFS are responsible for managing and protecting forests, wildlife, and biodiversity in the country.
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) if India makes the recruitment of candidates for the IFS, and for 2023 web notification has been released and detailed notification will be uploaded to the website soon.
Candidates selected will be deployed under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change departments. Once the application form gets activated on 1st February 2023, candidates can submit the applications through website of UPSC – https://www.upsc.gov.in/.
Before that, we have collected all the necessary information about the UPSC Indian Forest Service Recruitment 2023, its eligibility, exam details, selection process etc. Continue reading this article to know more about this recruitment process.
- 1 Overview of UPSC IFS Recruitment 2023:
- 1.1 Vacancy Details of IFS Recruitment 2023:
- 1.2 Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IFS Recruitment:
- 1.3 Education Qualification for UPSC IFS 2023:
- 1.4 Age Criteria for UPSC IFS Notification 2023:
- 1.5 Application Fee details of UPSC IFS Notification 2023:
- 1.6 UPSC IFS 2023 Recruitment Process:
- 1.7 How to apply UPSC Forest Service Recruitment 2023
- 1.8 FAQs for Indian Forest Service Notification and Recruitment 2023:
Overview of UPSC IFS Recruitment 2023:
|Recruiting Organization||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Recruiting for Department||IFS – Indian Forest Service|
|Post Name||Multiple Posts under IFS|
|Web notification date||18th January 2023|
|Total Posts||To be announced|
|Application Start Date||1st February 2023|
|Application End Date||21st February 2023|
|Selection Process||Preliminary ExamsMain ExamsInterview|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||28th May 2023|
|Main Exam Dates||26th November 2023|
|Admit Card release date||To be notified|
|Website Link to apply||https://www.upsc.gov.in/|
Vacancy Details of IFS Recruitment 2023:
Post wise and overall vacancy details of Indian Forest Service recruitment of 2023 will be uploaded on website once the detailed notification is released by the officials.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IFS Recruitment:
Nationality: candidate must be a citizen of India to apply for UPSC IFS examinations. Refer notification for other details.
Physical Fitness/Standards: The candidate should have a sound health and be free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient discharge of the duties of a Forest Officer.
Education Qualification for UPSC IFS 2023:
|Post Name||Education Details|
|Indian Forest Service Posts||Must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the below subjects as main – Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognized university.|
Age Criteria for UPSC IFS Notification 2023:
Candidate must attain minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years as on application date for the preliminary exams. And below are the age relaxation details as per the categories.
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|SC/ST Candidates||5 Years|
|OBC Category||3 Years|
|Defense persons who were disabled on duty||3 Years|
|Physically Handicapped candidates||10 Years|
Application Fee details of UPSC IFS Notification 2023:
|Candidate’s Category||Application Fees|
|Other Unreserved Categories||Rs.100|
UPSC IFS 2023 Recruitment Process:
The IFS recruitment process will have two papers. One for the Preliminary and other Main exams, post which there will be a personal interview round conducted. Candidates have to apply separately for each examinations and different admit cards will be provided at each stage of the recruitment.
- Preliminary Examination: This screening test is also known as the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT). It consists of two papers, Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is General Studies, and Paper II is Aptitude Test.
- Each piece is of 200 marks and is of 2 hours duration. Candidates need to secure a minimum of 33% marks in each paper to move to the main exams.
|Paper 1||General English||200|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||200|
- Main Examination: This is a written test with 6 papers, and this exam is mainly about the optional subjects that candidate chooses.
|Paper 1||General English||300|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper 3 & 4||Optional Subject 1||200 Each paper|
|Paper 5 & 6||Optional Subject 2||200 Each paper|
How to apply UPSC Forest Service Recruitment 2023
All the recruitment related operations of IFS are handled by UPSC portal, below are the steps for application.
- So candidates must visit the UPSC portal first https://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Under “What’s New” section of the website or under recruitment notifications, search for the post name “UPSC IFS Application Form 2022”
- Complete the registration process of the portal, and then login
- Select the post name as mentioned above, and proceed with the application form
- Candidates will have to select their optional subject (2 subjects) for the written test
- Enter all the information, upload the required documents and submit the application form
FAQs for Indian Forest Service Notification and Recruitment 2023:
Do I need submit different application form for Main exams after preliminary exams?
Yes, candidates qualifying in preliminary exams will be submitting DAF form for main exams.
When are the preliminary examination scheduled for IFS 2023?
Preliminary exams are scheduled on 28th May 2023.
What topics will be covered in preliminary exam of IFS?
IFS preliminary exams will cover topics of General English and General studies.
When can we expect the detailed notification for UPSC IFS recruitment 2023?
Detailed notification will be released in last week of January.