TNEA 2020– Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions Application Form 2020 has started from 15th July and check out TNEA Apply Online, Eligibility @ tneaonline.com
TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) 2020 application process has been started from 15th July 2020. Students can fill the application form online by visiting the official website of TNEA i.e. www.tneaonline.com.
TNEA is an admission procedure of state-level entry in Engineering and technical colleges that are located in the Tamil Nadu state. Anna University has offered this admission procedure. Students can get into BE (Bachelors of Engineering) & B.Tech (Bachelors in Technology) colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Authorities do not conduct any entrance examination instead of that they offer TNEA as they believe this type of initiative makes the transparency easier. They make merit lists based upon 10+2 scores to offer admissions in undergraduate programs and those who are in the rank list can participate in a counseling program that is organized by Anna University.
- 1 TNEA Admission 2020 Highlights:
- 1.1 Important Dates of TNEA 2020:
- 1.2 Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.3 TNEA 2020 Application Fee:
- 1.4 Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Application Required Documents:
- 1.5 TNEA 2020 Application Form Overview:
- 1.6 Application Procedure of TNEA 2020:
- 1.7 Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Cutoff Marks:
- 1.8 TNEA 2020 Rank List:
- 1.9 TNEA 2020 Counseling Process:
- 1.10 Choice Filling:
- 1.11 Seat Allotment Procedure:
- 1.12 TNEA 2020 Reservation:
- 1.13 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
TNEA Admission 2020 Highlights:
If you want to know every detail regarding TNEA 2020 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, application fee etc. then go through the entire article with patience. We have covered everything. Hope you will find it helpful.
|Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Conducted by||Anna University, Chennai|
|Counseling type||State level|
|Eligibility criteria||Qualifying 12th Board Examination|
|Exam frequency||Once in a year|
|Phone numbers||044-2235 8067 044 2235868044-2235 8065 044 2235866044-2235 8044 044 2235845|
Important Dates of TNEA 2020:
- Declaration of official notification – 15th July 2020
- Starting date of online application – 15th July 2020
- Last date of online application – 16th August 2020
- Date of generation random number – 21st August 2020
- Certificate verification date – 24th Aug. to 1st Sep. 2020
- Merit list publication – 7th September 2020
- Online counseling starting date – 17th Sep. to 6th October 2020
- End of counseling – 15th Oct. 2020
- Counseling for reserved and vocational candidates – 10th to 14th Sep. 2020
- Supplementary counseling – 8th to 12th Oct.2020
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling up TNEA 2020 online application form students should qualify all the eligibility conditions. Here is the list of all eligibility criteria. Students are suggested to go through them before apply.
- Educational qualification: Candidate should have passed 12th board exam or equivalent from any recognized board of education. The compulsory subjects in 12th are mathematics, chemistry and physics. They should have the minimum passing marks in the compulsory subjects. They are put together as follows:
- For General category – 50%
- For OBC A and OBC B – 45%
- For SC/ST/ SCA – 45%
- For MBC and DNC – 40%
- Age limit: Candidates should be aged between 18 to 25 years. There is relaxation of age for reserved candidates as per the Anna University rules.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian.
- Domicile: Candidate must be a resident of Tamil Nadu state. Candidates who are not from Tamil Nadu but completed education from this state also eligible for application.
TNEA 2020 Application Fee:
The TNEA 2020 application fee varies for different categories. They are mentioned below. They can be paid by credit/ debit card/ internet banking/ demand draft. The application fee is non-refundable.
- For general categories, it is Rs.500/- if paid online and it is Rs. 700/- if paid offline.
- For SC/ST and OBC A/ OBC B categories, it is Rs.250/- if paid online and it is Rs.450/- if paid offline.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Application Required Documents:
The documents that are required during filling up the TNEA 2020 application form are stated below. Make sure that you have all the documents to avoid any problem during the application. These documents will be needed at the time of submission of application form. The required documents are:
- 12th mark-sheet.
- 12th Admit card.
- 10th mark-sheet.
- Transfer certificate.
- Higher secondary hall ticket.
- Cast certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if any.
- Nativity e- certificate (Not for everyone).
- First graduate certificate (Optional).
- Family income certificate.
- Srilankan Tamil’s Refugee certificate if any.
- Space Reservation Form with DD (Original copy).
TNEA 2020 Application Form Overview:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 application form consists of basic details, details of family and other details like mother tongue family annual income etc. Candidates have to fill the information correctly unless the application may gets rejected. An overview is given below. Have a look on them.
- Basic details: This section contains this information –
- Name of candidate
- Name of guardian
- Pin code
- Community or category
- Community code
- Special reservation
- The applicant is a sportsperson or not
- Details of the first graduate of the family:
This section of the application form contains some questions like:
- If the candidate is the first graduate of the family.
- Have anyone enjoyed “first graduation study fee concession” before in his/ her family.
- If the candidate keen to afford “AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme”.
- If the candidate eligible for “Post Matric Scholarship” or not.
- Other details:
- Family’s annual income.
- Mother tongue.
- Instruction mode.
- Guardian’s occupation.
- The civic status of native place, school.
- Candidate’s district.
Application Procedure of TNEA 2020:
Time needed: 30 minutes.
All candidates are advised to follow the given instructions to fill the TNEA application form 2020. Here you can get the complete procedure.
- First of all either visit the official website www.tneaonline.in or navigate the website.
- You can see all instructions of TNEA 2020. Read them with patience and then click “Next”.
- Then you have to click on “New User Registration”.
- Here you need to create your own login Id and password. For that, you will be asked to enter your valid mobile number and Email id where OTP will be sent for verification
- After successful verification you will be considered as a registered candidate. From then you can easily login by using your user Id and password
- Enter your user Id & password and click on “Login”.
- Just after clicking, you will be redirected to the login page. There you have to fill some details like personal information, educational qualification and other required details. Fill them carefully. Try not to make any mistakes.
- Next step is to click on the option “Save and continue to pay”.
- Make payment and your application will be submitted.
- Take hard copy of the application form. You have to send it with other required documents by post to the following address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025
(You are advised to take an extra printout for future references).
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 Cutoff Marks:
Cutoff marks are the minimum marks that is required to take admission in different BE and B.Tech colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The authority of technical education does not release the cutoff marks yet. It will be published after the publication of rank list. The candidates can see the cutoff of the previous year to get an idea.
TNEA 2020 Rank List:
The TNEA merit list is made based upon 10+2 score to offer admissions in undergraduate programs and those who are in the rank list can participate in different rounds of counseling program organized by Anna University. The release date is expected to be 7th September 2020. You should also know that this date is tentative, means the date may change.
TNEA 2020 Counseling Process:
The selected candidates whose names are there on the merit list will be able to appear in the TNEA counseling process. They will get a call from the authority on their verified mobile number.
The counseling will be done through online mode. The counseling dates are 17th Sep to 15th Oct 2020 (The dates are tentative).
You should know that you are not allowed to participate in counseling process if you haven’t paid the counseling fee. The payment amount of counseling is different for different categories.
It is Rs. 5000/- for candidates who belong to general category and it is Rs. 1000/- who belongs to SC/ST/SCA category. In this process, all original documents of candidate will be checked. Here is a list of documents that are to be checked:
- Application form (Hard copy).
- Mark sheet and certificate of 102h class.
- Any one Valid ID proof.
- Community certificate (If applicable).
- Transfer or TC certificate.
- Domicile certificate (Not for every candidate).
- First graduate certificate (Optional).
- Refugee certificate (If applicable).
- Space Reservation Form with DD (Original copy).
It is a part of the counseling process. The choice filling is done in online mode. In this process selected candidates choose their preferred colleges as many as possible.
They have to lock their choices within the given time. If not locked by the candidate the choices will be locked by the system itself. We are providing a guideline that you need to follow during the choice filling procedure.
- Verify your choices before locking. You should ensure that the list is in proper order.
- You can rearrange and modify the choice list in many ways as you want.
- After the choices are locked, a list of your choices will be sent to your Email id in pdf format.
Seat Allotment Procedure:
TNEA 2020 seat allotment has two allotment procedures. They are tentative seat allotment and final seat allotment. After tentative seat allotment submission of allotted options is done. Then final seat will be allotted for the candidate.
- Tentative seat allotment: Based upon the rank, tentative seats are allotted by the system. Candidate can see the tentative allotted seat list from the TNEA Portal. Applicants have two options, either they can confirm or can decline the allotted seats.
- Final seat allotment: Based upon confirmed allotted seat the final seat is allotted for the candidate. Then a ‘provisional allotted letter’ will be given to the candidate where the last date of visiting final allotted college has been written. Candidate need to visit the college before the mentioned date. If the candidate does not reach the college before the last date the allotment will cancel automatically.
TNEA 2020 Reservation:
In TNEA 2020 communal reservation is strictly considered. There is specified reservation for OC (Open Competition), BC (Backward Class), BCM (Backward Class Muslim), MBC (Most Backward Class), DNC (Denotified Communities), SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribes), and a special reservation is also present for sons or daughters of ex-serviceman, freedom fighters, hearing impaired, visually impaired etc.
They follow the below-mentioned chart which is called as 69% rule of reservation.
|MBC and DNC||20%|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
No, there is no exam. The admission for TNEA 2020 will be offered on the basis on 12th board exam merit list by the Anna University.
Yes, other state’s students are eligible if they have studied in Tamil Nadu. Those candidates need to submit the Nativity certificate.
The BE/BTech courses are of 4 years which includes 8 semesters.
Interested candidates can apply on the website www.tneaonline.in for TNEA 2020 application.
The Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is offered by the Anna University, Chennai.
The names of the facilitation centers are not revealed yet. The centers will be in 32 districts of Tamil Nadu.
For general categories it is Rs.500/- if paid online and it is Rs. 700/- if paid offline. For SC/ST and OBC A/ OBC B categories it is Rs.250/- if paid online and it is Rs.450/- if paid offline. They can be paid by credit/ debit card/ internet banking/ demand draft.
Candidates need to send the TNEA application form with all the required documents to the secretary of Anna University. The address is given above in the article you may check from there.
The TNEA counseling payment amount is Rs. 5000/- for the candidates who belong to general category and Rs. 1000/- for those who belongs to SC/ST/SCA categories. You can pay through online or at the facilitation center.
All the information and updates are available on the official website of TNEA i.e. www.tneaonline.com.