The candidates who belong to the age group of 18 years to 30 years will be able to apply for the post of SI in the National Investigation Agency under the Combined Graduate Level Recruitment of SSC.
NIA functions as Central Counter Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency all over the country. A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university is necessary for the candidates to apply for the post of SI.
Some of the important dates related to the NIA Recruitment 2021 are as follows-
- The date for the Online Application- December 29, 2020, to January 31, 2021.
- Last date for the receipt of the application- January 31, 2021, up to 11:30 p.m.
- Last date for online fees payment- February 2, 2021, up to 11:30 p.m.
- Last date for offline Challan generation- February 4, 2021, up to 11:30 p.m.
- Last date for payment via Challan- February 6, 2021, during the bank’s working hours.
- SSC CGL Tier-I 2020-21 Examination- May 29, 2021, to June 7, 2021.
- SSC CGL Tier-II 2020-21 Examination- To be notified later.
- SSC CGL Tier-III (Des) 2020-21 Examination- To be notified later.
- SSC CGL Tier-IV 2020-21 Examination- To be notified later.
Before January 2, 1991, the candidates must be born & must not be born later than January 1, 2003. Thus, the candidates must be of 18 years to 30 years as of January 1, 2021.
This post is not identified to be suitable for the candidates who belong to PwD Category.
The following relaxation in age is provided to the reserved category candidates-
- OBC- 3 years
- PwD+ OBC- 13 years
- SC or ST- 5 years
- PwD+ SC or ST- 15 years
- PwD+ General- 10 years
- Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with foreign countries or in the disturbed area & released as a consequence of it- 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen- 3 years after the retirement of military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date
- Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with foreign countries or in the disturbed area & released as a consequence of it (SC or ST)- 8 years
The physical standards that are required for NIA Recruitment 2021 as a post of SI are given below-
|Vision||Distant Vision- 6/6 in one & 6/9 in another eyeNear Vision- 0.6 in one eye & 0.8 in other eye|
|Height||150 cm (for women) & 170 cm (for men)Relaxation for Hillsmen and Tribals- 5 cm|
|Chest||76 cm with expansion (No such requirement for female candidates)|
The candidates who will fulfill these requirements only those candidates will be eligible for the post.
A candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan, or Nepal for being eligible for the recruitment. Also, a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, for settling permanently in India & any person who is of Indian origin and has migrated from Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Malawi, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Zambia and Zaire for settling permanently in India are eligible for this recruitment of SSC CGL NIA 2021.
The candidates who will be recruited for the post of Sub-Inspector will receive a salary ranging from Rs.35,400 to Rs.1,12,400 along with grade pay of Rs.4,200 in addition to the permissible allowances by the Central Government.
The initial salary will be by the 7th Pay Commission and will vary a little based on the place of posting. The level of the pay scale will be Level-6. Also, the benefits such as HRA (only if quarters are not provided), Limited mobile bill, TA & Dearness Allowance will be provided to the employees.
The job profile for the post of SI in NIA has been given in details below-
|Deal with dangerous organizations||SI might be required to deal with various dangerous organizations like international mafias, terrorist organizations, and drug syndicates.|
|Analytics||Analyzing the important Intelligence & Confidential Data at hand to detect any upcoming threats.|
|Raids||They have to take part in various raids with their seniors. This might be dangerous sometimes.|
|Assist Senior Officials||SI at NIA will be required to assist their seniors|
|Clerical Work||SI has to carry out summons’ execution, question the witnesses & suspects, give warrants to several organizations or individuals, undertake clerical court work, etc.|
The headquarters of NIA is in New Delhi. Its regional branches are at Chandigarh, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Kochi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Jammu, Lucknow & Raipur. After recruitment, the candidates will be posted in either one of the branches or at the headquarters.
The first promotion will be provided to the employees almost after 5-6 years of job & then they will be promoted to the Inspector’s post. It depends on how the employee is performing in his work. It might even take a longer time for an employee to get promoted. All over 3-4 promotions can be achieved by them in their whole career.
For reaching up to the post of Class-I Gazetted Officer in NIA, the candidates must undergo at least two promotions. The higher posts are filled by the IPS officers & the candidates with deputations. Thus, making room for higher posts is a little tough.