The notification of SSC CGL 2020 which has the previous release date of 21st December 2020 was postponed and now it is going to be released on 29th December 2020.
The notification for the recruitment can be checked by visiting the official website, that is, ssc.nic.in.
Thus, the candidates who are interested in appearing for the SSC CGL Exam 2020 can have a look at the notification of SSC CGL 2020 by visiting the official website.
The notification of the examination will comprise various details like the criteria for eligibility, the pay scale, the process of selection of the candidates, the age limit & the other criteria.
After qualifying the selection process, the candidates will be hired for the posts of Gr.-B & Gr.-C of the government departments & organizations.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL Exam:
According to the recruitment notification of SSC CGL that was released in the previous year, the eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL Examination is as follows-
- Educational Qualification- The candidates who have passed graduation from any recognized institute is eligible to apply for the exam. Thus, the candidates should at least be a graduate from any recognized institute in order to give the examination.
- Age Limit- The minimum age limit for applying for SSC CGL Exam has been decreased to 18 years from the year 2018. Before that, the minimum age limit was 20 years. It is expected that this year also the change will be implemented. Once the official notification is released, all the doubts related to the age limit will be cleared.
Some Details about the Examination:
Some details that are related to the SSC CGL Examination have been given below-
- The exam will consist of 100 questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- The total marks of the examination will be 200 marks.
- For every correct answer the candidates will be awarded 2 marks.
- For every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted from the marks of the candidates, that is, the negative marking will be one-fourth.
- For every attempt question, no marks will be awarded or deducted from the candidates’ marks.
- There are a total 4 levels in the examination, viz. Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III & the Skill Test.
- The candidates who will clear Tier-I examination will be eligible to appear for Tier-II exam. Similarly, the candidates who will clear Tier-II examination will be eligible to appear for Tier-III exam. The candidates clearing Tier-III exam will be able to appear for the Skill Test.
- The candidates who will be selected, will be recruited for the posts of Gr.-B & Gr.-C levels.
- The candidates who will be hired for the posts of Gr.-B level will have a pay scale in the range of Rs.9,300 to Rs.34,800 and the candidates who will be hired for the posts of Gr.-C level will have a pay scale in the range of Rs.5,200 to Rs.20,200.