Today, we will try to give you some important preparation tips for the upcoming RRB NTPC Examination.
RRB Board or the Railway Recruitment Board is going to be conducted the examination named Non-Technical Popular Categories Examination (NTPC). This RRB Board has released the vacancies of recruitment for the Traffic Assistance, Traffic Apprentice, Assistant Station Master, Goods Guards and Commercial Apprentice across India.
All these posts come under various well known Non-Technical Categories Undergraduate and Graduate vacancies in several Production Units along with Zonal Railways of Indian Railways.
There is no enough time left for the students in their hands for taking enough preparation for the RRB NTPC Examination. So, it is time to pull your socks up and boost your exam preparation now.
There are so many applicants have applied for this examination of RRB NTPC in this year. So, the competition is now more tough for the applicants in this year. As the competition level is too high, so that the seats are limited.
The examination of RRB NTPC 2020 has been postponed & thus the candidates have now got some more time for preparation. More than 1.26 crore people have applied for the examination, whereas the vacancy is 35,208. Hence, the competition is going to be very high. The candidates must work very hard for being successful in the examination.
Railway NTPC Exam 2021 Highlights
Some facts related to the RRB NTPC Exam have been given in the table below-
|Date of Stage 1 CBT Examination||On and from December 28, 2020|
|Mode of the Examination||Online Mode (Computer-Based Exam)|
|Medium of Examination||The examination will be conducted in 15 languages|
For taking a successful preparation, it is very important to gather knowledge about the exam pattern. The RRB NTPC Examination consists of 4 sections, viz. GI & Reasoning, GS, General Awareness & Current Affairs and Mathematics.
There will be 100 questions in the examination and the total duration will be 90 minutes, that is, 1 & a half hours (2 hours, that is, 120 minutes for PwBD candidates).
All the questions will be of MCQ type. The exam pattern consisting of no. of questions in each section have been given in the table below-
|Sl. No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|2||General Awareness & CAs||20|
|4||General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
Preparation Tips for GI & Reasoning:
This section has a total of 30 questions and each question carries 1 mark. The topics on which the questions will come, are as follows-
- Coding & Decoding,
- Mathematical Operations,
- Data Interpretation & Sufficiency,
- Venn Diagram,
- Alphabetical & Number Series, and so on.
The candidates must follow the below given tips in order to get good marks in this section-
- The candidates’ logical & analytical skills should be sharp enough.
- For solving the questions, the candidates should use appropriately as well as smart methods and tricks.
- They should have a command over the various concepts.
- They should practice every concept very nicely and must not rush through any topic.
- To improve their speed as well as accuracy, the candidates must attempt the RRB NTPC Mock Tests.
Preparation Tips for General Awareness & Current Affairs:
There will be a total of 20 questions in this particular section. The topics on which the questions will be asked, are as follows-
- Indian Polity,
- Current events of national & international importance,
- Art & Culture,
- Common Abbreviations,
- History of India,
- Games & Sports, etc.
The candidates must follow the following tips for a better preparation in this section-
- The candidates should read newspaper, watch news, read magazines and online weekly GK Blog, so that their knowledge can be improved.
- They must create the notes of various current affairs and other topics and revise them regularly.
- The candidates must prepare the areas of Economics, Business & Politics very well.
Preparation Tips for Mathematics:
In this section 25 questions are asked. The topics that are included in this section are-
- Profit & Loss,
- Time & Distance,
- Geometry & Trigonometry,
- Simple Interest,
- Compound Interest,
- Elementary Algebra,
- Ratio & Preparations,
- Elementary Statistics,
- Percentage, and so on.
The tips that the candidates should follow to become successful in this section, are given below-
- The question papers of the previous years must be solved by the candidates.
- The basic concept of the candidates must be clear.
- For quick calculations, they should know shortcuts or various tricks very well.
- The candidates must have learnt all the important formulas & theories very thoroughly.
Some General Preparation Tips:
Some basic preparation tips that the candidates must follow to get success in the RRB NTPC Examination, are as follows-
- Candidates should try to strengthen the topics in which they are weak and they should also practice the most important topics very well.
- The candidates should follow a concrete study plan.
- The topics must be studied from the easy to the difficult level.
- They should make the notes of their own, rather than cramming.
- The candidates must not study a single subject for a long time because that could lead to mental lethargy.
- In order to improve the accuracy & speed, they should solve the question papers of previous years & should give various mock tests regularly.
- The candidates should take breaks, so that their mind can be refreshed.
- A habit of reading must be there in the candidates so that their General Awareness section can be improved.
- During examination, the candidates should solve the comparatively easier sections first and then move to the complicated and time-consuming sections such as, Maths.
- The candidates must not spend more than thirty seconds on a single question during the exam. If a question is taking too much time to be solved it should be skipped.
In this section, we are going to provide you that some important information, which helps you to contact the examination authority in case you face any problem or there is any quarry present in your mind. So, please go through the below details carefully. It will be helpful for you.
- Address – Railway Colony, Near Railway Station, Chandigarh – 160002.
- Fax Number: 0172-2730040
- Contact Number: 0172-2730093.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q 1- Which approaches should be beneficial for the applicants for cracking RRB NTPC Examination?
Ans 1- If you want to take best preparation for this RRB NTPC Examination, then you should follow the below information accordingly. These are as follows –
- Attempt all the mock tests,
- Find all important questions from those mock tests,
- Practise all the previous year questions regularly,
- Keep tracking the timings while practising for examination,
- Try to complete 100 questions 10 minutes before the actual time given, so that you can revise those questions again.
- On the examination day, keep all these things in mind carefully.
Q 2- Can I get suggestions about how to prepare for the General Knowledge questions of this examination?
Ans 2- Every candidate should gather knowledge regarding the following topics –
- Current affairs and Latest developments in recent times over the world,
- Current affairs and Latest developments in recent times across India,
- Indian History – Modern, Medieval and Ancient,
- World and Indian economy,
- Geography – The world and India,
- Books and authors,
- Technology and Science,
- Places and People,
- Governance and Politics etc.
Q 3- Current Affairs of how many months should be referred to?
Ans 3- The candidate must stay updated with at least last 6 months’ Current Affairs.
Q 4- Can I know about few scoring topics in quantitative aptitude for RRB NTPC and CBT I Examination?
Ans 4- Yes sure, the scoring topics are Average, Simplification, Number Series and Percentage.
Q 5- What is the official mail id of the exam conducting body?
Ans 5- The official mail id of the exam conducting body is [email protected]
Q 6- May I know the scoring subjects of Logical Reasoning for RRB NTPC and CBT 1 Examination?
Ans 6- Yeah sure, the scoring subjects of Logical Reasoning are Coding-decoding, Non-verbal Reasoning and Series.
Q 7- May I know few significant topics of general awareness for RRB NTPC and CBT I Examination?
Ans 7- Yes sure, the significant topics of general awareness are Constitution, Indian Law, History (especially medical and modern history) and Geography as well.
Q 8- What are the important books that should be studied before the exam?
Ans 8- The following books should be studied for last minute preparations of the exam-
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- NCERT Books Class 10 and 12
- Arihant General Knowledge
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
- RRB NTPC Books for Mathematics
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Lucent’s General Intelligence and Reasoning
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- A Modern Approach to Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
Q 9- How many times can the RRB NTPC Examination be attempted?
Ans 9- The RRB NTPC Examination can be attempted as many times as you want. There is no fixed limit to it.
We have tried to provide you with various preparation tips for the RRB NTPC Examination, so that you can prepare nicely for the examination and do well in the examination.