A new scheme called as Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 has been launched by the Public Sector Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. (EESL) that is intended to distribute LED bulbs at a price rate of Rs.10/-.
The scheme will be implemented in rural areas of five cities in India including Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi’s parliamentary constituency Varanasi. As per reports, there are plans to distribute 60 crores bulbs to the selected households i.e. around 15 crores to 20 crores households.
The scheme is going to start in the second week of January. Interested and eligible candidates can register themselves in the official portal of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 by visiting their official website i.e. www.ujala.gov.in after the registration process starts by the officials.
In this article, we have included all the information about the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2020 such as objective of the scheme, key features, eligibility criteria, important dates, registration procedure, registration status, etc. If you are willing to know all the above-mentioned topics then go through the full article with patience. Hope you will find it helpful.
- 1 Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021-Registration Form
- 1.1 More details about the scheme:
- 1.2 Objective of the scheme:
- 1.3 Eligibility criteria for PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021:
- 1.4 Registration procedure for LED Bulbs:
- 1.5 Required documents:
- 1.6 Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana Contact details:
- 1.6.1 FAQs for Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021
- 18.104.22.168 What are the white and blue colors mean on the Ujala dashboard?
- 22.214.171.124 What is the full form of UJALA?
- 126.96.36.199 Is the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 scheme only going to be implemented in rural areas?
- 188.8.131.52 What is the mode of registration of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021?
- 184.108.40.206 How many districts are considered for this scheme?
- 220.127.116.11 What is the actual number of beneficiaries who are going to be benefitted and belong from rural areas?
- 1.6.1 FAQs for Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021-Registration Form
|Article is about||Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 (पीएम ग्रामीण उजाला योजना)|
|Launched by||Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. (EESL)|
|Scheme under||Central government|
|Purpose of the scheme||To fetch energy efficiency to the rural areas by providing LED bulbs|
|Beneficiaries||The citizens of rural area|
|Number of beneficiaries||Around 15 crore to 20 crore citizens|
|Total number of bulbs||Around 60 crores|
|Total power saving||9324 crore units|
|Amount of carbon emission reduction||7.65 crores|
|Price of the LED bulbs||Rs.10/-|
|Amount of saving money||50 thousand crores|
|Scheme area||Across the country|
|Registration stating date||Will be announced|
|Scheme status||Will be available|
More details about the scheme:
The Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2020 is about to start with the intention of bringing energy efficiency to the rural areas. The bulbs whose market price is Rs.70/- will be distributed at Rs.10/-. This will eventually increase the savings of the people and also reduce the amount of electricity bill.
The bulbs that will be distributed are of government registered companies such as Philips, Havells and other brands. Check out the below-mentioned points to know more about the scheme. They are as follows:
- Free bulbs will be distributed in all the Gram Panchayat.
- 3 to 4 LED bulbs have been allotted for each family of the selected applicants.
- The major camps will be organized by EESL companies.
- 70% of bulbs will be districted in city areas and 30% bulbs will be in the backward district under the scheme.
- A total of 50 crore bulbs will be distributed.
- The bulbs will be of 9 watt with no guarantee.
- More than 15 crore family will be benefitted through this scheme.
Objective of the scheme:
To provide energy efficiency to the rural areas by providing LED bulbs is one of the main objectives of this scheme. There are some other purposes behind it. If you want to know then go through the points that have been mentioned below. They are as follows:
- The government is willing to save around Rs.60000 crore per year by implementing the scheme/ yojana.
- According to the experts, a total of 5 crore ton carbon emission will be decreased if the scheme runs as per the plans.
- By implementing the scheme, the government will save electricity around 12000 megawatts.
- This will eventually benefit not only the economy of the country but also the environment.
Benefits of the beneficiaries:
After hearing about the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021, many of you may have the questions such as what are the benefits of those who will register themselves or have thoughts like it will benefit the government etc. If you are one of them and looking for the answer then you are at the right place. We have enlisted the benefits of the beneficiaries. They are as follows:
- The electricity bill will reduce to some extent through the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021.
- Your money will be saved if the scheme can be implemented successfully.
- You will get the LED bulbs at a very low rate. The bulbs that cost Rs.70/- in the market, you will get that in just Rs.10/-.
Important dates of Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana:
The government has not disclosed the dates of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 yet. As per the reports, the preliminary works of the scheme will start in the month of January tentatively. So, the application process may start next year January.
The authorities will publish the dates soon through an official notification. We will update you with the news as soon as the officials release it. Hence you can visit our website frequently to get the latest updates.
|The scheme published on||12th August 2020|
|Online registration will start from||Will be announced soon|
|Last date to register online||Will be announced soon|
|Release date of beneficiary list||Will be announced soon|
Eligibility criteria for PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021:
If any of you are willing to apply for the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 then you are advised to check the eligibility criteria that have been set by the officials.
Only those who will fulfill all the conditions are permitted to apply. The government gives the facility of EMI (monthly or bimonthly installments) to pay the electricity bill to the beneficiaries. Now let’s have a look at the eligibility conditions. They are as follows:
- To apply, one must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be from rural area.
- To get the benefits of the scheme, the applicant must have a metered connection from the respective electricity distributor.
Registration procedure for LED Bulbs:
If you find yourself eligible after reading the above-mentioned eligibility conditions and keen to register yourself in the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana official portal then you may follow the steps we have provided here.
We have enlisted the step by step procedure in order to help the candidates like you who are in need of this. Follow each and every step to fill the registration form without any difficulty. The steps are as follows:
Total Time: 12 minutes
First, pay a visit to the official website of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 i.e. www.ujala.gov.in or navigate the website.
Find Apply Online
On the homepage, search for the option “Apply online” and click on that.
After clicking on that, the registration/ application form will appear on your screen.
Basic Required Information
You have to enter some required information such as name, address, date of birth, valid email id & mobile number, annual family income and such things. Enter everything correctly without making any mistake or else your application may get rejected.
After entering, click on the “save & continue” option which will be available at the bottom of the page
After that, you need to upload the required documents in the specified size and format. A list of the necessary documents has been enlisted below in the paragraph. Refer to there.
After uploading, submit the form by clicking on the “Submit” option and your form will be submitted successfully.
Note: All the applicants are advised to submit the registration form after checking it once again.
While filling up the registration form of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 the below-mentioned documents will be required. Without these, the application will not be accepted.
Hence it is very important to be aware of the necessary documents. We have mentioned the list of required documents if anyone is willing to use the EMI facility. All the documents are as follows:
- Aadhar Card
- Residential proof
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- A copy of latest electricity bill (Only For EMI)
- A government authorized identity proof (Only For EMI)
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana Contact details:
If any candidate has any query or doubt regarding the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 then he/she can use the below-mentioned contact details to contact the authorities to clear the doubts. We have enlisted the contact details so that no one finds difficulty to contact the authority in their need. Contact them within the contact hours i.e. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Helpline number: 1800 2666696
Hope you have like this article as we have enlisted all the necessary details that have been disclosed by the officials. For any query regarding this topic or you want to share your opinion with us then you can comment on it down in the comment box. We will reply to you shortly. Keep visiting our website to get updates regarding such topics.
FAQs for Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021
What are the white and blue colors mean on the Ujala dashboard?
The blue color indicates the states in which the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana scheme has been implemented and opened for the consumers. The white color indicates the states in which the scheme is yet to be implemented.
What is the full form of UJALA?
The term UJALA is the initials of Unnat Jyoti By Affordable LEDs for All.
Is the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 scheme only going to be implemented in rural areas?
Yes, the PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 scheme only going to be implemented in rural areas.
What is the mode of registration of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021?
The registration process of the Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021 will be conducted in online mode.
How many districts are considered for this scheme?
This scheme is available now only in the country’s 5 major metro stations, but this scheme is going to be expand on this country by April,.
What is the actual number of beneficiaries who are going to be benefitted and belong from rural areas?
There are almost fifteen to twenty crore beneficiaries who are going to be benefitted from this scheme.