UGC NET exams Dec 2022, NTA UGC NET 2022 December term, UGC NET exam admit card, NTA UGC NET December term exam dates, NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 exam center, UGC NET December 2022 exam shifts and eligibility released now, UGC NET December 2022 Online form before 17th January 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET December 2022 notification has been released and the examination dates are announced now.
NTA will conduct this exam for 83 subjects in CBT (computer based test) form. Below are the complete details of the NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 examinations and exam centre details, application fees and exam dates. Please read the complete details in this article or also you can refer the official notification PDF at https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
- 1 Overview of NTA UGC NET 2023
- 1.1 NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Education Eligibility:
- 1.2 Application Fees:
- 1.3 Age Criteria:
- 1.4 Age relaxation details as per the category
- 1.5 Steps to submit applications for NTA UGC NET Dec 2022:
- 1.6 NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- 1.7 NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Paper 1 Pattern and Syllabus:
- 1.8 Section 1 – Teaching Aptitude:
- 1.9 Section 2 – Research Aptitude
- 1.10 Section 3 – Reading Comprehension
- 1.11 Section 5 – Reasoning
- 1.12 Section 6 – Logical Reasoning
- 1.13 Section 7 – Data Interpretation
- 1.14 Section 8 – Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- 1.15 Section 9 – People, Development and Environment
- 1.16 Section 10 – Higher Education System
- 1.17 NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Paper 2 Pattern and Syllabus:
- 1.18 FAQs for NTA UGC NET Dec 2022-Notification, Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Overview of NTA UGC NET 2023
|Recruiting Organization||University Grants Commission|
|Testing Body||NTA – National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||NET – Commission- National Eligibility TEST|
|Exam Term||NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Term|
|Post Name||Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)|
|Application Start date||29th December 2022|
|Application End date||17th January 2023|
|Last Date for application fee||18th January|
|Last date for form editing||19-20th January|
|Examination Dates||21st February to 10th March 2023|
|Exam Centre allocation||February 1st Week|
|Admit Card release Date||February 2nd Week|
|Answer Key Date||To be notified|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Application form link||Click Here|
|Website Link||Click Here|
NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Education Eligibility:
|Post Name||Education Criteria|
|NTA UGC NET||Candidate must have complete Master’s degree or any equivalent qualification in the relevant subject applying for, from a recognized university. |
Must obtained at least 55% marks in your Master’s degree (50% marks for reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and PWD)
|Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|General Category||Rs. 1100/-|
|EWS/OBC-NCL from General Category||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ST/PwD and Third gender||Rs. 275/-|
|Post Name||Age Criteria|
|Assistant Professor||No Age limits|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF)||Maximum 31 years age|
Age relaxation details as per the category
- SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Transgender – 5 Years
- Female candidates – 5 Years
- Ex-servicemen – 5 Years
Steps to submit applications for NTA UGC NET Dec 2022:
- Visit the official website at https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- Scroll down the Home Page and click on the option “UGC NET December 2022 application” under “Candidate Activity” option
- This will open up the new application portal, now select the exam name and proceed to application form
- Fill out all the education and personal details.
- Pay the application fees as mentioned above, submit the application form
NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
UGC NET exam will basically consist of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is for everyone, which tests candidate’s general knowledge, aptitude and analytical skills. While Paper 2 totally depends on the subject chosen.
|Paper 1||1 Hour||50 MCQs||100|
|Paper 2||2 Hour||100 MCQs||200|
NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Paper 1 Pattern and Syllabus:
|Paper Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
Section 1 – Teaching Aptitude:
- The concept of teaching, its objectives, and levels (memory, understanding, and reflection)
- Characteristics effective teaching, and of adolescent and adult learners.
- Comparison of teacher-centered and learner-centered methods of teaching in higher education, as well as offline and online methods.
- Traditional, modern, and ICT-based teaching support systems
- Elements and types of evaluation in higher education, including computer-based testing and innovations in evaluation systems, particularly in the context of Choice Based Credit Systems.
Section 2 – Research Aptitude
- Research meaning,, types and characteristics, and steps involved in the research process
- Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods of research
- The format and styles of referencing for writing a thesis or article
- The application of ICT in research
- The ethical considerations involved in conducting research.
Section 3 – Reading Comprehension
Candidate has to read out the text passage given and answer the questions accordingly.
Section 4 – Communication
- Knowledge of Communication, its types and characteristics
- Mass-media and society communication
- Conducting effective communication
- Verbal and Non-verbal, and group communication
Section 5 – Reasoning
- Mathematical reasoning and aptitude questions related to numbers and series, (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.
Section 6 – Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing between deductive and inductive reasoning
- Using Analogies and Venn diagrams to establish the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic, including the means of knowledge (pramanas) such as perception, inference, comparison, verbal testimony, implication, and non-apprehension
- The structure and types of inference, including invariable relation (vyapti) and fallacies of inference (hetvabhasas).
Section 7 – Data Interpretation
- Differences between quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation of data, including bar charts, histograms, pie charts, table charts, and line charts
- Mapping of data and techniques for interpreting data
- The role of data in governance.
Section 8 – Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Common abbreviations and terminology related to ICT
- The basics of the internet, intranet, email, and audio and video conferencing
- The use of ICT in higher education, including digital initiatives
- The role of ICT in governance.
Section 9 – People, Development and Environment
- The People, Development, and Environment section examines candidate’s knowledge on various human activity-related issues, including their effects on the environment, pollution, and much socioeconomic side of those issues.
Section 10 – Higher Education System
- Teaching policies and administration related topics
- Ethics of higher education and different institutions
- Ancient Indian teaching methods and evolution of teaching
NTA UGC NET Dec 2022 Paper 2 Pattern and Syllabus:
NTA UGC NET Paper 2 syllabus depends on the subject chosen by the applicant (graduation subject). Subject wise detailed syllabus links are available in the official UGC NET website – https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabus-new.php. Please select the respective subject and download the syllabus PDF.
FAQs for NTA UGC NET Dec 2022-Notification, Syllabus & Exam Pattern
When are the UGC NET December 2022 exams scheduled?
December 2022 term examinations are scheduled from 21st February to 10th March 2023.
How to know the exam centre and shift details for UGC NET exams?
Exam centre details will be uploaded on the website in February 1st Week.
What is the total exam duration of UGC NET December 2022?
Total exam duration is 3 Hours, 1 hour for Paper 1 and 2 Hour for Paper 2.