The people who drive 2-wheelers or 4-wheelers will not have to go through complicated processes anymore. They will not be required to visit RTO or wait in a queue. New Rules for Driving License have been enforced by the Union Ministry of Roads & Motorways.
The requirements for a driving license have been changed by the Central Government. We will discuss the new rules for driving licenses through this article today. Thus, the drivers of various vehicles must read this article until the end to get various required details that are quite important for them.
- 1 The DL New Rules 2022
- 1.1 Types of Driving License:
- 1.2 Documents required for applying for Driving License:
- 1.3 Application Procedure for Driving License:
- 1.4 Some other details of the New Rules:
- 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions:
The DL New Rules 2022
The new rules for driving license will come into effect from 1st July 2022. It allows only the operation of private driving centers, which will be either by the central government or by the transport authority of the state. The validity of training centers will be 5 years. After that, a renewal will be required. A separate industry could be created as the result of the government’s action.
Any person who has passed the exam at any driving training center which is state accredited will be exempted from taking the test for applying for DL at RTO. The only basis for the license will be a private driver training center certificate.
Notes & Job Update के लिए फॉर्म भरे
The following points are checked by the state transport authority before attaining accreditation by the driving institute-
- At least, 1 acre of land must be there for 2 and 4-wheeler training centers. For heavy vehicle training, at least 2 acres of land must be there.
- A test track & a stimulator should be there.
- A minimum driving experience of 5 years and a high school diploma should be there.
- Information technology & biometric system in the center is a necessity.
- High-quality driving track tests should be conducted with the curriculum of the authority of transport.
- The training of the light vehicles should complete within 4 weeks and it will last for 29 hours. There will be 2 sections: theory (which takes 8 hours) & practical driving (which takes 21 hours).
- The training of medium & heavy vehicles should complete within 6 weeks and it will last for 38 hours. There will be 2 sections: theory classes (which takes 8 hours) & practical classes (which takes 31 hours).
Types of Driving License:
The License can be obtained on the basis of the type of vehicle. There are 2 types of DLs, viz. Personal Driver’s License & Perpetual Driver’s License and Commercial Driving License.
Personal Driver’s License & Perpetual Driver’s License
|License Class||Type of Vehicle|
|MC EX50CC||LMVs with 50CC capacity or more and gear. Ex- motorcycle, car, etc.|
|M/CYCL.WG||All motorcycles (with or without gear).|
|MC 50CC||Motorcycles with engine capacity of 50 CC or less.|
|LMV-NT||LMVs for non-transport purposes|
|MCWOG/FVG||Motorcycles without gear & any engine capacity. Ex- scooters and mopeds.|
Commercial Driving License
|License Class||Type of Vehicle|
|HGMV||Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle|
|MGV||Medium Goods Vehicle|
|Trailer||Heavy Trailer License|
|HMV||Heavy Motor Vehicles|
|LMV||Motorcars, jeeps, taxis & delivery vans|
|HPMV/HTV||Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle/ Heavy Transport Vehicle|
An international driving license is also there for driving in other countries.
Documents required for applying for Driving License:
The below-given documents should be submitted for applying for DL under the new rules-
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate, Employer Certificate, PAN Card, an Educational Certificate or Passport).
- A photo (Passport-sized)
- Proof of Address (Aadhaar Card, Rent Agreement, Certificate of Life Insurance Policy, Utility Bill, Ration Card, or Passport).
- Forms 1 & 1A as a medical certificate.
- Four Application Form.
Application Procedure for Driving License:
The following procedure must be followed for applying for the Driving License online-
- At first, the candidates should visit the website of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry, that is,
- Then, they must choose the state and type of license.
- After that, they should fill up the application form, and upload the documents that will be required and the application fee must be paid to them.
- Next, they should check the status of the payment.
- After that, they must click the button “Submit”.
- Then, they will receive the DL through the postal service at their home itself.
The following procedure must be followed for applying for the Driving License offline-
- The candidates should visit the nearby RTO for taking the application form.
- Then, they should fill up the application form, and upload the documents that will be required and the application fee must be paid by them.
Some other details of the New Rules:
Various traffic accidents are increasing and to address the causes of it, these new rules are going to be implemented. There are very less qualified drivers in our country. The government tries to implement methods that are effective for the education of drivers.
The new rules will help in better performance of driver so that he or she can become experienced.
We have tried to provide various details regarding the new rules for driving license. For any further details, you can contact us via comments. We will definitely try to provide you with the required details at the earliest. You can also share your views regarding this article via your precious comments.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are the new rules already into effect?
No, it will come into effect from 1st July 2022.
Does the same type of license issued for all the types of vehicles?
No, two types of driving license are issued on the basis of the type of vehicle.
What is the purpose of the new rules?
The new rules will help in better training of the drivers so that they can learn better and can become experienced drivers.