The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has given a yes for the NEET, that is, National Entrance-cum-Eligibility Test to be conducted two times this year.
The JEE Main is also going to occur in 4 sessions this year. However, the schedule of the examination has not been finalized yet.
In a recent meeting of the Health Ministry, Education Ministry, and NTA (which organizes NEET), the issues related to offline and online exam modes and the occurrence of the examination in multiple sessions have been discussed.
Last week, Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank,” the Honourable Union Education Minister, said in an interview that the Health Ministry & Education Ministry officials recently interacted. In the meeting, they have discussed that the NEET might be conducted twice a year so that the students can get an additional attempt.
As it was realized that many students might not be ready to appear in the online exam, the exam will be conducted two times a year, as said by a senior official in the Health Ministry Department’s medical education.
If the candidates appear for the test both the times, their rank will be based on the best of their two scores of the exam’s two sessions. This same format has also been adopted by JEE (Main). The main objective behind it is to reduce the candidates’ stress and help them perform better, as said by the National Testing Agency official.
NEET was usually conducted every year in the May month’s 1st week, but it was held last year in the September month due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The date of this year’s NEET is still to be announced. Over 10 00,000 students are all prepared to appear for the exam this year. The number of MBBS seats has also been increasing in the last few years.
Some latest updates of NEET 2021 has been given below-
- February 7, 2021, 12:00 A.M.: The Education Minister confirmed that NEET would take place two times a year.
- February 5, 2021, 12:00 A.M.: Some students reached Ramesh Pokhriyal for releasing the dates for NEET 2021. Even they were planning to start a campaign on Twitter for it.
- February 2, 2021, 12:00 A.M.: It was announced that NEET might be held in July.
- January 28, 10:00 A.M.: The candidates have requested the government to declare the NEET dates and syllabus.
- January 25, 10:00 A.M.: It was said that Ramesh Pokhriyal might increase the number of NEET entrance exam for 2021. According to the reports, it was decided in a meeting whether the test will be conducted twice a year or not.