KVS has released revised admission guidelines 2021-2022 on the base of reservation & eligibility. KVS has changed OBC Reservation & Eligibility Criteria for class 1st to 12th admission.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan recently added some changes in their admission procedure. However, you can browse kvsangathan.nic.in for future updates. The authority has decided to make a reservation of 27% of seats for the OBC applicants who will apply for admission.
According to the latest updates, there are a lot of changes present in the admission procedure and if you want an article that can describe all of the important updates at one slot, then you are at the right place.
Keep on reading and don’t skip any part in order to attend all of the important information.
New KVS Admission Eligibility Criteria:
There are some changes in the eligibility criteria too for KVS admission
- The children or grandchildren of any government employees (retired or working), defense employees, Foreign National officials will get the preferences.
- However, children of any employees who are associated with or works as an employee in Autonomous bodies, Institutes of Higher Learning of the Government of India, Public Sector, and State Government will get preferences.
- However, the Foreign National’s children will get the preference only if there are no children left for admission of Indian Nationals.
- The reservation policy also holds some changes. 15% seats will be reserved for Scheduled Caste applicants, and 27% seats will be reserved for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL). However, 7.5 % seats will also be reserved for Scheduled Tribe applicants. All of these reservation systems will work in all Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- Apart from that, according to the guidelines of the RTE Act 2009, 3% of total available seats will remain reserved for Differently Abled-children.
Age limit for KVS Admission Class 1 to 12th
As per the guidelines of KVS admission 2021, the children must be of 5 years old on 31st March of the academic year in order to get successfully admitted in class 1. Other age guidelines are described below:
|Class||Minimum age ( in years)||Maximum age ( in years)|
The admission of class 11 will start immediately after 20 days of releasing the class 10 results of CBSC board. However, registration forms will be available at free of cost with the help of principals.
The admission of class 1 will entirely take place through the online admission portal. For further information, you can visit the official website of KVS which is kvsangathan.nic.in.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Revised Admission procedure & OBC Reservation
According to the guidelines of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) of December 2019, 27 percent of seats will be reserved for the other backward classes, from 2021-22.
The official guidelines briefly demonstrate the revised admission procedure. At first, there will be an online draw through which the selected applicants can take the admission in class 1.
After that, admission of class 2 to 8 will totally be done on the priority basis. But in case, if the applications become greater in number than the available seats, then the authority will conduct a lottery. With the help of this lottery system, the applicants will be selected.
However, there will be an entrance exam and the applicants have to crack that exam in order to get admitted in class 9.
After that, the admission procedure of class 11 will totally be conducted on the basis of the obtained marks in the 10th standard. In this case, the candidates who will score better in the 10th standard will enhance their chances of getting admitted in class 11. You can easily find all the necessary details in the information brochure of KVS.
Registration date and some further important guidelines:
- Registration of new candidates will totally be a matter of available seats. If a vacancy left after the first round of registration or if the vacancy will rise by any means, then a further registration process will take place. But this registration process will only take place after the successful completion of large publicity in local areas as well as on the KVS website too.
- If there will be a less number of applicants present and some vacancies left also, then the principals will conduct a second-time advertisement in the month of June.
- The admission procedure of class 11 will be available only after 20 days of releasing the result of the 10th standard on the CBSC board.
- Registration or the application forms will be available totally free of cost, with the help of principals. However, the registration of class 1 can only be done through the official online admission portal. But the admission portal is yet to arrive as a live portal.