The applications for Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships 2021-2022 are invited by the board. This scholarship allows the young and talented students to improve their skills and broaden their vision to be successful in society. Thus, it makes the students a future vehicle for changing their environment. The last date for applying is 31st March 2021 at https://onlineapplication.inlaksfoundation.org/Application/IndexTemp
These scholarships are provided to those students who are bright enough to study in the top-rated European, American, and UK Institutes for full-time M.Phil, Masters, or Doctorate Program. Scholarships are being provided to bright candidates since 1976.
The foundation also has joint scholarship schemes with the RCA (London), Imperial College (London), Science Po, Paris, and Cambridge’s University via Cambridge Trust.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships are not being granted in the subjects listed below-
- Computer Science
- Public Health
- Business Studies
- Film and Film Animation
- Medicine, Dentistry and the related therapies
- Fashion Design
However, for Natural Sciences and Engineering, the scholarships will be granted in the Imperial College of London.
Indian Studies is considered as a subject only if it will have contemporary relevance. Only the students’ applications for a degree in Western Classical Singing in the field of Music will be considered, and only the applications from the students for the Documentary Film Making in the field of Film will be considered.
The scholarships are provided for training, professional improvement, or research, either by attached to an institute or independently abroad and not leading to any degree. The minimum period of the program must be more than at least six months. The candidates must give all the program details, including travel plans and time, a full breakdown of the cost and the evidence of the agreement with the institute.
Terms of the scholarship:
The various terms of the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships are as follows-
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, living expenses, health allowance and travelling allowance (one way).
- The maximum funding will be USD 100000. In case more funding is required, the candidates should show evidence that they will cover the requirement when they make an online application.
- The candidates whose course will require field trips to India again will not get the scholarship.
- The scholarships are given in May or June for commencement in August, September or October.
- The additional funding’s evidence should be produced during the preliminary interview.
- Only after approval from Foundation, teaching assistantships, other awards, or part-time jobs can be accepted.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if it is not started between nine months of being awarded.
The eligibility criteria for receiving the Scholarship are given below-
- All the citizens living in India for the past six months are eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates who will apply for the art and design field (fine arts or performing arts) will be judged first based on their portfolio.
- The candidates who have completed a masters or PhD or have started masters from abroad are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The candidate must choose the course and preferred institute during application. The candidates without admission or with pending admission will not be considered.
- If the documents provided are not valid, the candidates will be rejected.
- The upper age limit for applying is 30 years.
- The candidates must have passed with first-class marks: at least 60 percent marks or CGPA 6.30 or GPA 2.4 from India’s any recognized institute or university.
- Before applying, the candidates who have an English Language requirement as a conditional part of the offer letter should fulfil the requirement.
- The candidates will be judged based on both their present achievements and their future potential.
The candidates will be able to apply for the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships by following the below-given steps-
- The candidates will first be required to visit the official website as they will be accepted only via online mode. (Direct Apply Online Link)
- The candidates should then find and fill-up the form properly.
- The only identification document that can be provided during the application is the Passport of the candidate.
- The candidates who will apply for fine and applied arts, architecture, or other similar subjects must upload a portfolio in PDF format or should share an online link or website having the portfolio.
- The candidates who will apply for dance, music, film, and acting should also upload a portfolio via a link.
The other details about making the application to avail of the Scholarship are-
- Each candidate can apply for a single time only.
- The candidates must make a clear declaration of all funding for the course.
- The candidates must declare it if they have applied for any course in the same or other institute and have procured funding.
- Two letters of reference are compulsory, and one among those should be from an academic referee.
- The official email ID of the referees must be provided by the candidates while applying.
- The referees should also upload a letter of reference directly in confidence to Foundation.
- The referees of candidates will receive a link for uploading a letter of reference which will have a validity of seven days.
- The reference letter must be on letterhead. Email references will not be permitted.
The selection procedure:
The procedure for the selection of the candidates for availing the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships is-
- A Selection Committee makes the selection of the potential candidates.
- There are two stages of selection- a preliminary interview and a final interview.
- The candidates who will qualify for the preliminary interview round will be then called for the final interview round.
- The candidates must be there in India during the interview round.
- The candidates who will be shortlisted for the preliminary interview round must submit the relevant results.
- The candidates who will not get any message from the Foundation up to mid of May should assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
- If the Foundation is convinced that the candidates are potential enough for the Scholarship, it will do anything for accommodating the candidates.
For any further details, the candidates can contact via the Email ID [email protected].