Check out UPSC Civil Services Mains 2021, Important Dates & Schedule. This Article contains UPSC Civil Services Mains and Pre Exam Pattern with Important Dates.
The UPSC civil services exam is renowned for its competitiveness in nature and is perceived by Indian society as one of the most prestigious exams in the country.
The exam has three phases viz. Preliminary, Mains and Interview which the candidates are expected to clear. The preliminary (prelims) exam would consist of two objective types namely the General Studies and Aptitude Test whereas the mains exam
would consist of nine descriptive papers (essay type) and it would be succeeded by the personal interview. There are plenty of institutes providing coaching for this exam and one of the most prominent ones has been the name of Byju’s learning app.
This has been heard to be due to their superior quality of delivering the course content based on NCERT textbooks and other important materials designed by India’s top experts.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule 2021
Coming to the exam, the whole process of selection viz, from the date of prelims exam notification till the declaration of interview results would be completed in a year.
|UPSC IAS Result||UPSC Civil Services Admit Card|
|UPSC Civil Services Notification||UPSC Civil Services Syllabus|
|Important Date UPSC Civil Services|
Aspirants for the civil services exam would be naturally curious about the important dates related to the exam.
Minimum Education Qualification Required for the Exam
Aspiring candidates should be aware of the fact that they should have at least a graduation degree regardless of any stream approved by any University approved by the University Grants Commission to appear for the exam.
Aspirants who are expecting their results also would have the eligibility to apply given that they would be able to show their certificate of qualification besides their mark sheet in front of the UPSC prior to the mains exam.
Number of Attempts Available
The pattern for the Exam –Let us have a look at the civil service exam pattern of the two main stages viz. Prelims and Mains exam.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Pattern
- There would be two mandatory papers for this exam with 200 marks each per paper.
- Paper 1 would be for General studies whereas paper 2 would be for the CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test).
- Both the question papers would be of the objective type in nature.
- Candidates could answer the questions in either English or Hindi.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern
- The exam would be having a total of 9 papers.
- The question types for this exam would be descriptive(essay) in nature.
- The first two papers viz. Paper 1 and Paper 2 out of nine ones will be mandatory whereas the other ones would be optional subjects usually based on the CBSE Syllabus chosen by the aspirants.
- The concerned authorities have confirmed that the maximum marks for the first two papers would be 300 and for the remaining papers, the maximum marks would be 250.
Important dates for the Exam
The following are the dates for both the prelims and mains exam:
- Date of Prelims Exam
- Date of Mains Exam