ICSE, IGCSE students have demanded uniform implementation of the FYJC CET syllabus 2021 to be conducted for admission to class 11th in Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra FYJC CET 2021, is a type of entrance exam, which will be held on 21st August 2021 for admitting students in Class 11. As the Class 10 Examination has been canceled due to Covid-19, that is why this examination will be conducted.
Various concerns have been raised by the ICSE & IGCSE students about Maharashtra FYJC CET 2021 for admissions in Class 11, and have requested for parity.
It is believed by the Maharashtra Association of the ICSE Schools & the Members of the Association of International Schools that the Maharashtra FYJC CET 2021 syllabus is unfair and thus the School Education Minister, Varsha Gaikwad’s intervention has been requested by them in this matter.
- The syllabus will be based on the State Board’s Class 10 Syllabus.
- There will be equal weightage in exam of various sections which includes Mathematics, Social Sciences, English & Science.
- The students will be admitted to Class 11 on the basis of their results in the exam.
- Students can drop Science & Mathematics under present curriculum of ICSE.
- Students have demanded parity keeping in view the fact that the syllabus of State Board & ICSE is different.
Demands have raised in the letter that has been written by the International Schools Association’s Members to Varsha Gaikwad are-
|01||A request about considering scores of Cambridge International IGCSE at par with the scores of CET for the students during the admission to class 11.|
|02||Clarity about the syllabus is sought because the students of IGCSE have chosen their stream (Commerce, Science, or Arts) in Class 8 and thus they have not studied all the portions till Class 10.|
|03||Clarification regarding whether the option of the consideration of marks of either Cambridge Exam or CET will be provided to the candidates.|
The government has not given any update regarding this matter till now.