Driving License Lost 2021- In this case, You can apply online for Duplicate Driving License (DL) at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
An individual who wants to drive four-wheeler or two-wheeler on the roads of India legally, he/she has to own an Indian Driving License. Without it, no one is allowed to drive on roads.
Not only in this purpose but also the Driving License acts as an identity proof. In case anyone’s Driving License has been stolen or lost or even damaged then he/ she can apply for a duplicate License to the RTA/ RTO (Regional Transport Authorities/ Regional Transport Officers. (RTO Fine & Penalty List for Traffic Rules violation)
In this article, we have mentioned all the details about Driving License Lost such as application procedure for a duplicate Driving License (Online and offline procedure), documents required to apply, application form details etc. If any of you willing to know all of these, you are advised to go through the full article carefully. This will help you for sure. (Maharashtra, Online Driving License Required Documents)
- 1 About Driving License of India:
- 1.1 About Duplicate Driving License:
- 1.2 Documents needed to apply:
- 1.3 Online procedure of application:
- 1.4 The offline procedure of application:
- 1.5 Application form/ LLD details:
- 1.6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 1.7 May I know the validity period of my duplicate Driving License?
- 1.8 Can I apply for a duplicate Driving License in Bangalore when my previous License was from Hyderabad?
- 1.9 Will I have to undergo the DL test again while applying for a duplicate Driving License?
- 1.10 Is it required to apply for the duplicate Driving License if someone lost the learner License?
- 1.11 How can I make the payment of Application fee?
About Driving License of India:
In India, Driving License is a mandatory thing to drive any type of motor vehicle on the highways as well as some other roads as per the rules of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. In the states of India, the Driving License is administered by the Regional Transport Authorities/ Officers or commonly known as RTA/ RTO.
Other than this, in some non-driving circumstances it also serves as an identity card. It acts as age proof in the time of getting a mobile connection or acts as an identity proof at the time of bank account opening and for many others.
Indian citizens can get it by applying to RTA and going through Driving License Test. To appear on the test, they can take Driving classes also. Those who qualify the DL Test only get the Permanent/ Original Driving License.
|Article type||Driving License|
|Disseminated by||Government of India|
About Duplicate Driving License:
No matter how we try to keep our every important document safe, it sometimes lost or misplaced. But there is no need to worry as the RTA offers us the facility of getting a Duplicate Driving License.
|प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना||Kisan Rath Mobile App|
|PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List||एक क्लिक से देखे KCC लाभार्थियों की सूची|
It is the same authority who issues the Original Driving License. The Duplicate Driving License works as same as the original one. You can apply online or even offline by approaching the RTO directly for the Duplicate DL. We have mentioned both the online and offline procedures below in the article. You can check it from there.
Documents needed to apply:
If you lost your original Driving License somehow and want to apply for a Duplicate Driving License to RTO, then here is the list of documents that will be needed at the time of going through the application procedure. Some of the documents vary for different states but most of it is mandatory. They are as follows:
|एक क्लिक से देखे Gas Subsidy आपके खाते में जमा हुई या नहीं||उत्तर प्रदेश बीसी सखी योजना|
|Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta-||पीएम किसान सम्मान निधि योजना सूची-राज्यों के अनुसार लिस्ट देखे|
- LLD Form ( As per the Delhi Motor Vehicle Rule, 1989) [As per the rule, for intimation of loss or destruction of driving license and apply for a duplicate one LLD Application Form if required.]
- An FIR (First Instance Report) or NCR (National Capital Region). Only required in the case of loss.
- The original Driving License. (Required in the case of torn/mutilated/ coiled).
- Report on challan clearance.
- Every detail of Driving License.
- Age proof ((Required for reference).
- Address proof (Required for reference).
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- An attested photocopy of the original Driving License (in case the same is lost).
Online procedure of application:
You can apply for a Duplicate Driving License online by visiting the Sarathi Parivahan Portal. This facility is applicable only in some states of India. (गलत जानकारी देने पर योजना का लाभ नहीं मिल पायेगा-पीएम किसान सम्मान निधि योजना में लाभार्थी का हर साल होगा वेरिफिकेशन)
You can find easily if your state offers it or not by searching on any internet browser such as Google. If it is applicable in your state, then you can follow the below-mentioned procedure to apply. Follow each step without making any mistakes. The steps are as follows:
- First, you need to pay a visit to the Sarathi Parivahan portal/ Official website, which is https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do.
- You will be directed to the welcome page of the portal.
- From there select your state from where you belong to.
- After selecting your state, you will be redirected to a new webpage.
- On the top left side of the page, you will see the “Driving License” option. Click on that.
- From there click on “Apply Online” and you will be able to see an expanded menu.
- The next step is to select the “Services on Driving License” option from the dropdown list.
- There some instructions related to application submission and Driving License services will show on tour screen.
- Go through all the instructions carefully and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Then you will be asked to enter the Driving License Number and your date of birth. Enter them correctly and click on “Proceed”.
- Then some steps are required to do if an applicant belongs to some specific categories like diplomats, physically challenged, ex-serviceman, foreigners, repatriates etc. They need to select their category.
- Then enter your state from the dropdown list.
- If anyone not sure about their RTO Office details, he/ she must can their pin code.
- Then the applicant can see the details of the Driving License on the page.
- All applicants are suggested to check and verify each and every detail. If everything is okay then click on “Confirm to proceed”.
- After clicking, the DL Services will show on your screen.
- Read them thoroughly and tick the checkboxes of the required services.
- Then click the option “Issue of duplicate DL”.
- Next, select the necessary details and click the “Confirm” option.
- Then you will be able to see a message that tells “Data Accepted Successfully”.
- In the next section, applicants need to upload the required documents that are mentioned above in the article.
- After a successful upload does the last step which is paying the fee.
The process will be completed. The applicants can check their status by using their Old Driving License Number and some other credentials.
The offline procedure of application:
The application procedure of getting a duplicate Driving License through offline is easier in comparison with the online procedure. The steps of the offline application procedure are as follows:
- First, visit the RTO office that issued your original Driving License.
- Get your LLD Form and fill it properly, and also sign the form.
- Submit the LLD form along with all the required documents. They may ask to submit some additional documents depending on the reason why you are applying for the duplicate one.
- Then you need to make the payment.
- After the successful payment, you will get a receipt that can be used as a replacement of Driving License until you get your duplicate one.
- Some days later your duplicate DL will be sent to your given home address via post or courier.
Application form/ LLD details:
To get your Duplicate Driving License without any hassle, it is required to gather knowledge regarding the application form i.e. LLD Form. You need to fill the form without any mistakes. Here is the information that will be asked to fill in the LLD form. Have a look at them.
- Your full name and home address will be asked on the form. Fill it as it mentioned on your original Driving License.
- The reason of applying for the Duplicate Driving License will be asked in the form. Write the circumstances of loss such as why your license is destroyed or torn or lost or mutilated in detail.
- Some of the details regarding the Driving License will be asked such as Driving License number, motor class, License holder’s name, the expiry date of the License, licensing authority etc.
- Also, the declaration of “not impounded by any authority” is needed to be presented.
- You need to sign the form in the provided place.
- If you are applying online, you can save or reset your information which is a huge benefit. You can download your application form in pdf format after successfully submission. Sign the duly-filled application form and submit it at RTO Office.
Hope you like this article very much. For any query regarding this article or you want to share your opinion regarding this article with us, you can comment on it in the comment box. We will reply to you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
May I know the validity period of my duplicate Driving License?
The validity of a duplicate DL is as same as your original Driving License. Also, you need to remember that you are not renewing it or not making a correction in your DL. All information in your duplicate Driving License will be the same. There is no difference.
Can I apply for a duplicate Driving License in Bangalore when my previous License was from Hyderabad?
No, you can apply for a duplicate one only to the RTO of your own locality or the RTO who issued your previous Driving License.
Will I have to undergo the DL test again while applying for a duplicate Driving License?
No, you don’t need to undergo the DL Test again to get a duplicate Driving License unless your License is expired.
Is it required to apply for the duplicate Driving License if someone lost the learner License?
No, it is not required as the duplicate Driving License is issued only for those who lost their permanent Driving License. You need to apply again for the new LLR. In some states of India issue duplicate learner License.
How can I make the payment of Application fee?
You can make online using debit/ credit/ net banking or you can pay offline by visiting the RTO office.