Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022-2023, Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Eligibility Criteria & Selection Process,Eligible Countries for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022-2023
The commonwealth shared scholarships will be provided only in some selected universities of UK in partnership. The main aim of this scholarship is to provide aid for higher studies (Master’s) to various talented and interested students in UK who are unable to afford it on their own.
The applications for the scholarship are being accepted now and candidates will be able to apply for the commonwealth shared scholarships up to 04:00 p.m. (GMT) on December 20, 2021. We will share various details regarding the commonwealth shared scholarships through this article today. So, read this article till the end to get all the information present here if you also want to apply for the scholarship.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships :
- 1.1 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022-23 Eligible Countries:
- 1.2 Subjects of the Scholarship:
- 1.3 Worth of Scholarship:
- 1.4 Criteria for Selection:
- 1.5 Tenure and Placement:
- 1.6 Details related to Application:
- 1.7 Application Procedure:
- 1.8 Supporting Documentation:
- 1.9 FAQs for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022-23
The various eligibility are mentioned below-
- The candidates should be British Protected Person, have refugee status or should be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- They should be available to start studies within September 2022.
- They must not have worked or studied in any high income country for an academic year.
- They must be a permanent resident of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- They should hold upper second class honors std. first degree or degree of lower second class along with a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- They should not be able to afford higher studies in UK if this scholarship is not provided to them.
- They must have given the documents required in the format prescribed.
The following 23 countries’ citizens will be eligible for applying for the commonwealth shared scholarships 2022-2023-
- Sri Lanka
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
- Sierra Leone
Subjects of the Scholarship:
There are 6 development themes under which the scholarships are offered. The subjects are provided below-
- Developmental Science and Tech Subject
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Health Capacity & System
- Opportunity, access & inclusion subjects
- Strengthening good governance, global peace & security
- Strengthening resilience & crisis response
Worth of Scholarship:
The CSC along with the participating universities will be provide the commonwealth shared scholarships the worth of which is as follows-
- The airfare from home country to UK and then back to country after award which will be provided by the University and funded by CSC.
- Warm clothing appliance (if applicable) will be provided and funded by the University.
- Thesis grant (cost for preparing thesis or dissertation) provided by University and funded by CSC.
- Tuition fees which will be funded by CSC.
- Travel grant related to study will be paid by University & funded by the CSC.
- Stipend (living allowance) of £1116 and £1369 per month for universities located in metropolitan area of London will be paid & funded by respective university.
- Reimbursement of cost of mandatory TB test (where required for application for Visa). It will be claimed & paid by University and funded by CSC.
- CSC will offer additional financial support for needs of the candidates with disability.
- Per month child allowance of 485 pounds will be provided to the divorcee, single parent or widowed women and for 2nd & 3rd child under 16 years of age 120 pounds will be provided, if child lives with the parent.
Criteria for Selection:
The universities will have their own process for selection of the candidates and names of selected candidates must be provided to CSC by them up to March 2022, after which CSC will check the names for eligibility.
According to the below given criteria applications will be accepted-
- Quality of plan of study
- Candidates’ academic merit
- Potential impact on development of the home country of the candidates
Tenure and Placement:
- Awards will be provided only for full-time study. Thus, candidates must not undergo any other course at the same time.
- Only those candidates who are undergoing 1-year taught Master’s programs are eligible for the commonwealth shared scholarships, candidates undergoing other courses like MBA are not eligible for it.
- The course must be clearly mentioned by the candidates while applying.
- While applying, candidates should carefully check the admission requirements.
- The courses and eligible countries must be checked very carefully by the candidates before applying.
- The candidates will be able to apply for more than 1 course, however, the scholarship’s only one offer must be chosen by them.
- The scholarship will be provided only for courses of Master’s Degree.
- The application for commonwealth shared scholarships must be done via CSC’s online application system only.
- The application should be done earlier to avoid last time rush.
The application for the commonwealth shared scholarships can be done by the below given procedure-
- The candidates must enroll for at least 1 program of Master’s Degree at first.
- Then, they should fill up name of their country.
- After that, login page will appear.
- Next, they must fill up application form properly.
- Then, they should provide all the documents required.
- After that, they should click on button indicating “Submit”.
- Finally, they must print the application form for future use.
The following documentation must be provided by the candidates via online application system before last date-
- A copy of national ID Card or valid passport as a proof of citizenship of an eligible country.
- CV, letter of motivation, research proposal and study plan.
- Transcripts which will detail higher qualifications of the candidates till date.
- Reference letter from 2 referees along with details of referees.
Note- The size of the documents must be within 5 MB and it should be in any one of the following formats-
Zip files or files in other format will not be accepted.
We have tried to provide various details regarding the commonwealth shared scholarships. For any further details, you can contact us via commenting in the comment box. We will try to provide the required details to you as soon as possible.
Is the application form for scholarship application available now?
Yes, the application form for scholarship application is available now.
Can the application be done via offline mode?
No, the application cannot be done via offline mode.
What if the documents exceed the maximum mentioned size?
In that case, the documents will not get uploaded and a warning indicating that the size exceeds maximum acceptable size will get displayed on the screen.
Is it necessary to provide reference letter and details of the referees?
Yes, it is necessary to provide reference letter and details of the referees.