The online tests for selecting the category of government jobs will be started by National Recruitment Agency from September, as said on Wednesday by Honourable Union Minister Jitendra Singh.
The Central Government has set up the National Recruitment Agency for streamlining the recruitment process all over India.
A Common Eligibility Test or CET will be conducted to select candidates in the Central Government and the public sector banks for various non-gazetted posts by this new agency.
A CET will be held for IBPS, SSC, RRB, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, Staff Selection Commission, and Railway Recruitment Board.
The main objective of conducting CET is to eliminate multiple exams and save the candidates’ precious time and resources. The CET is expected to be conducted by NRA from 2021 September.
Based on the candidates’ marks in the CET, the candidates will appear for the domain-specific exams conducted by the IBPS, SSC, and RRB.
This will be done by following the requirement & subject to the adequate number of the candidates who have opted to appear in the test with their regional languages as a medium.
Some important facts about the NRA CET are given below-
- The CET will be conducted as the preliminary exam for Gr.-B (non-gazetted), clerical, and Gr.-C (non-technical) posts in government by NRA and various recruitments of banks of the public sector.
- The CET will be conducted separately for the candidates of different levels, class 10th pass, higher secondary pass, and graduate.
- Based on the screening done at CET score level, via the exam’s specialized tiers, viz. Tier II, Tier III, the selection will be done.
- The CET Score will have a validity of 3 years. The candidates can appear for the examination as often as they want until they attain the upper age limit. There is no restriction on the candidates’ number of attempts.
- As said by the Central Government in a statement, there will be a common curriculum for CET. This will be very helpful for the candidates, as till now they had to follow the different curriculum for the different preliminary tests.
- As said by the Union Cabinet in a statement, the test’s exam centers will be set up in every district all over India by NRA. This will help the youths, especially the female candidates and the candidates from the rural areas, as they will not be required to go to distant places to give the exam.
- The candidates will also be able to register on the common portal and choose the exam centers. They will be allotted their exam centers based on the availability of various centers.
- The Union Cabinet said that the Central Government had granted rs. 1517.57 crore for the formation of NRA.