CBSE Udaan Scholarship 2021 for Girls in class 11th & 12th– Check out CBSE Udaan Application Form & Eligibility for scholarship 2021
Central Board of Secondary Education has initiated a project called “CBSE Udaan Scholarship” under the supervision of the HRD ministry (Human Resource Development) in 2014. The tagline of Udaan is “A program to give wings to Girl students”.
The prime objective behind the scholarship is to increase the admission rate of girl students in technical colleges in our country. Meritorious students of class XI & XII will be benefitted from the scholarship project.
They will get free study materials by which they could prepare for entrance exams to get admission to recognized engineering colleges. Every year 1000 students get the benefits of the CBSE Udaan Scholarship.
Notes & Job Update के लिए फॉर्म भरे
The CBSE Udaan Scholarship 2021 application form has been released by the authority. All interested girl students can check the eligibility criteria to apply, for the scholarship by visiting the official website of CBSE i.e. www.cbseacademic.nic.in.
In this article, we have provided every detail regarding CBSE Udaan Scholarship such as eligibility criteria, important dates, benefits of the scholarship,
the procedure of filling up the application form, selection procedure and others. So, if you want to gain knowledge about this scholarship program read the entire article.
- 1 Highlights of Udaan Scholarship:
- 1.1 Important Dates:
- 1.2 Required documents:
- 1.3 Application fee:
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.5 Objectives of Udaan scholarship:
- 1.6 Application Procedure:
- 1.7 Visit official website
- 1.8 Home page
- 1.9 Enter detail
- 1.10 In your registered Email you will get login credentials.
- 1.11 Give attention while filling up the form to avoid mistakes.
- 1.12 Upload documents
- 1.13 Print application form
- 1.14 Methodology of Udaan:
- 1.15 Contact details:
- 1.16 What is CBSE the Udaan Scholarship?
- 1.17 What UDAAN stands for?
- 1.18 What is the official website of Udaan Scholarship?
- 1.19 I am pursuing class XI with the Science stream but I don’t have Mathematics as a subject. Can I apply for CBSE Udaan Scholarship?
- 1.20 I am a citizen of India but studying in abroad. Am I eligible to apply for Udaan Scholarship?
- 1.21 When the application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship will start?
- 1.22 What are the required documents for the application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship?
- 1.23 Is there any chance to apply for this scholarship through offline?
Highlights of Udaan Scholarship:
|Type of Scholarship||School-Based|
|Eligible class||Class 11|
|Awarded amount||Reward such as University fee, books, hostel, exam fee, laptop/ tablets, food.|
|Age limit||16-17 years|
Generally, CBSE Udaan Scholarship application starts in the month of July or August and last date for application maybe lies in the first week of August.
Also note that this application period is tentative. As per the official notification of CBSE, the application of Udaan Scholarship 2021 is going to start from July and the last date is not yet confirmed. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through online mode.
The eligibility criteria and procedure of application are given below in the article. Go through them if you want.
|Accessibility of application form||July or August|
|Submission of the form||August|
Before filling up the application form keep these below-mentioned documents handy. You have to upload scanned copy of all these documents during the application procedure. The documents are:
- Family’s annual income certificate.
- Academic mark sheet of 10th board.
- Reservation certificate of SC/ ST/ OBS/ PWD categories if applicable.
- Any identity proof.
- A recent passport size photograph.
The authorities of CBSE Udaan Scholarship have not disclosed the application fee 2020 yet. It will be published on its official website. So keep checking the website to stay updated. You can follow our website as we will update the fee as soon as the notification releases.
Interested students are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the CBSE Udaan Scholarship application form. Candidates who satisfy all the criteria are only allowed to apply for the scholarship. Check out the eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the CBSE Udaan Scholarship.
- Gender: Only girl students are eligible to apply.
- Stream: The girl students of class XI should be pursuing science stream with mandatory subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Minimum qualification marks: Minimum 70% marks in 10th Board Exam is a must to have and also 80% marks in science and mathematics. If any candidate is from those schools which follow CGPA, she has to secure CGPA of 8 and GPA of 9 in science and mathematics.
- Recognition: Candidates should have passed the 10th Board Exam from CBSE board or any recognized board in India.
- Annual family income: The annual income of the candidate’s family must be less than Rs. 6,00,000/-
- Availability of documents: Candidates must have all the necessary documents that are needed at the time of application.
- Others: There are some seats reserved for SC, ST, OBS and PWD candidates. The percentage of reserved seats are as follows:
- For SC category – 15%
- For ST category – 7.5%
- For OBC category – 27%
- For PWD category – 3%
Benefits of the CBSE Udaan Scholarship:
Considering the low admission rate of girls in technical colleges and institutes in India, CBSE implemented this Udaan scholarship so that girls can pursue further higher study.
Through this scholarship, they can make themselves prepared for entrance exams of engineering as well as engineering competitive exams. Here we have made a list of benefits that will be provided to the students under the scholarship scheme. They are:
- They will get free study materials. May it be in the form of videos, tutorials, e-book or simply log-book. Tablets are also given to the students.
- Virtual contact classes will also be organized by Udaan.
- All assignments are designed in such a way that students can give feedback about the classes.
- Remedial steps are also provided so that students can correct their mistakes.
- The facility of peer learning and monitoring is available for meritorious students.
- Once in a while, motivational sessions are also given to the students as well as to their parents to motivate them effectively.
- To provide technological support, Udaan authorities have started “Students helpline” services. Through these services students can clarify their doubts.
- All the students under the scholarship program get constant monitoring and tracking of their progression.
Objectives of Udaan scholarship:
Behind the Central Board of Secondary Education Udaan Scholarship program, there are many objectives present. One of the main reasons is to help financially weak candidates to pursue higher education. Let’s have a look at the other reasons:
- Enlargement of girl’s enrollment rate in engineering colleges.
- To grow educational depth at secondary level.
- Reduction of teaching gap between school and engineering entrance examination.
- To make girls of India educated and independent.
- To enrich the study of Science and Mathematics.
Those who satisfy all the above-mentioned criteria can apply through filling up the application form of CBSE Udaan Scholarship by simply following the steps mentioned here. They need to register themselves first. We have mentioned all the steps of application including the registration procedure below.
Visit official website
In first step, you have to click on www.cbseacademic.nic.in. It is the official website of CBSE.
There on the page you can see the information regarding Udaan. Read them thoroughly. You should proceed to apply, only after reading them carefully.
The next step is to register yourself in the Udaan portal. To do so, you need to complete four steps.
In your registered Email you will get login credentials.
Login into the Udaan portal using those credentials and then you need to fill the application form by filling up personal, educational, and other such details.
Give attention while filling up the form to avoid mistakes.
The next step is to upload a scanned photograph of all the required documents like academic mark sheet, Id proof, and others. which will be asked to upload.
After completion of successfully upload of all documents click on “Submit”.
Print application form
Take a print out of the application form for future use. You are advised to save it until the completion of the application procedure takes place. Also, take a printout of the application confirmation certificate and declaration form.
The selection process of CBSE Udaan Scholarship:
Every year around 1000 female students have been selected to get the benefits of the Udaan Scholarship. Out of 1000 candidates 500 girls are from general and 500 are from reserved categories. The selection is done on merit basis. T
he Udaan authorities prepare a merit list of selected candidates. The list will publish on the official website and the release date will be announced by them earlier.
Also, the selection is done by considering the city that is selected by the candidate for virtual classes. You can get the complete information of the selection process on the official website. You can check from there if you want.
Methodology of Udaan:
The students are selected based upon merit and for virtual classes it considers the city that is selected by the candidate. After selection, the candidates can access the online portal.
In the portal subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry of class XI & XII will be available. Students are suggested to study from there. The contents will be available in the form of videos, texts or tutorials. The concepts will be designed as per the study of the classroom syllabus.
After logged in, the student’s progress will be monitored and tracked. To monitor the progress of the student, the authority has the set up of periodic contact classes. Assessments are also made to track the learning progress of the student.
A unique technique is also implemented by the authority to make the students interactive. An interactive group is made to do so. Through this group discussion, they will interact with their batch mates and teachers also. A helpline is also made to help the students who have doubts at any point.
If any student has further queries regarding the CBSE Udaan Scholarship, they can contact the concerned authorities through these contact details we are providing here:
- Address: Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi 110002
- Contact number: 011 23214737
- Email Id: [email protected].
Hope you read this article thoroughly. All of the informations, which are given above are according to the current updates of Udaan Scholarship. So, hope you like this article. If you have any quarry or any doubts related to this article or you want to ask something to us, please comment us in the comment box.
We will solve your quarry as soon as possible. So, if you are interested about taking the benefits of the scholarship program then don’t wait, apply for it as early as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is CBSE the Udaan Scholarship?
Udaan is a scholarship project initiated by Central Board of Secondary Education under the guidance of HRD Ministry to help the meritorious girl students of economically weaker families to pursue higher study in technical field. Students of class XI can apply for the scholarship to get various benefits.
What UDAAN stands for?
The full form of UDAANis “Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagarik”. It means “let the common citizen of the country fly”.
What is the official website of Udaan Scholarship?
The official website is www.cbseacademic.nic.in.
I am pursuing class XI with the Science stream but I don’t have Mathematics as a subject. Can I apply for CBSE Udaan Scholarship?
No, you are not eligible for application as Mathematics is one of the mandatory subjects in the CBSE Scholarship program. The mandatory subjects are Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
I am a citizen of India but studying in abroad. Am I eligible to apply for Udaan Scholarship?
No, you are not eligible. Only the students who have passed the 10th board examination from CBSE or any other recognized board of India are eligible to apply. Check out the eligibility criteria paragraph on this article for more information.
When the application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship will start?
The application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship is going to start from July, 2020. You can apply by visiting the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. www.cbseacademic.nic.in.
What are the required documents for the application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship?
The required documents for the application of CBSE Udaan Scholarship are the grade sheet or the mark sheet of the applicant, the certificate of the applicant’s family’s income certificate, a passport size recent photograph of the applicant, an identity proof and reservation certificate of the applicant (if applicable).
Is there any chance to apply for this scholarship through offline?
No, you cannot apply through offline for this scholarship. The only way to apply for this scholarship is online.