BBMP Property Tax 2021-2022,Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike SAS Property Tax Payment last date, Candidates apply for BBMP Property Tax Payment 2021-22 at-www.bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in, BBMP Property tax Payment online registration process
The people of Bangalore who own any residential property should pay House Tax every year to the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. This tax is utilized by the Municipal for giving various civic facilities & services for the welfare of their citizens. The rebate period was extended up to 30th June 2021 for 2021-2022 AY full property. We will share various important information about the BBMP Property Tax 2021-2022. The taxpayers who want to get information related to tax should read this article till the end.
|Summary of House Tax or Property Tax||BBMP Content|
|Municipal Corporation’s Name||Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike|
|Area||709 sq. km.|
|Total Population||84.4 lakhs|
|Contact Email ID||[email protected]|
- 1 Notifications for BBMP Tax Payers:
- 1.1 Procedure for making the BBMP Payment of the Tax:
- 1.2 Some Details related to the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike Tax Payment:
- 1.3 Factors on which tax value depends:
Notifications for BBMP Tax Payers:
Some notifications for taxpayers are as follows-
- On property tax, at 2 per cent rate Urban Land Transport Cess is imposed from 2021-22 AY.
- The properties in which property tax is not filed via the scheme of self-assessment must contact the Assistant Revenue Officer concerned.
- The tax for those property which are exempted under the Section 110 of the KMC Act 1976 for the purpose of any educational institution and till 2020-21 AY have paid service charges are also supposed to pay tax from 2021-22 AY as per the BBMP Act 2020.
Procedure for making the BBMP Payment of the Tax:
The payment of BBMP Property Tax 2021-2022 can be done online by following procedure-
- The tax payers must visit the website Bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in first.
- After that, they are required to find payment link of Property Tax & then they should click on that link.
- Then, they must enter all details that will be needed.
- Finally, they should pay their tax by following any of the methods that are provided below-
Some details related to the Tax Payment are given below-
- The procedure for assessing and collecting tax has been made more transparent by BBMP.
- There is limit in tax’s increase & decrease and enabling the property tax’s self-assessment.
- To avoid last minute rush, the online payment should be done before hand, as the server might be down during the last few days.
- The tax can be paid by both online and offline mode.
- The property tax’s interest rate usually varies between 5 per cent and 20 per cent.
- The details can be known associated with late payment fee by contacting the concerned officials. However, no late fee is charged in some of the states.
- The amount and rate of the tax varies in different places. However, a formula using which the tax can be calculated is provided here-
BBMP Property Tax = built-up area x age factor x base value x type of building x category of use x floor factor.
Factors on which tax value depends:
The BBMP Property Tax 2021-2022 depends on the below-mentioned factors-
- Type of construction
- Land’s base value
- Occupancy factors
- Age of property or years of the construction
- Type of property
- Whether land is rented/ self-owned
- Whether land is single floored/ multi floored
- Whether land is commercial/ residential
We have tried to give you all various important information associated with the BBMP Property Tax 2021-2022. We hope that this article will be helpful and informative for you. In case of further query, you can contact us through comments. Also, you can share your views regarding the article by commenting in the comment box.
Frequently Asked Questions BBMP Property Tax payment Process
How can tax be paid online?
The tax can be paid online by visiting the website Bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in.
How can payment receipt of tax be received?
Payment receipt of tax can be received from the official website, viz., Bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in.
Can the tax be paid by offline mode?
Yes, the tax can be paid by offline mode.
How can the payment status be checked?
The payment status can be checked by visiting the official website of BBMP, that is, Bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in.